29 Jun 2012 - Launching, Project Templates, Preferences
The version of wiiclipse that has been released earlier today (18.104.22.168206291021-c3315e2) officially introduces a couple of features that have already been sitting on the feature list for a while:
- launching Wii applications (elf’s as well as dol’s) using wiiload from within Eclipse
- project templates for executables and static libraries
- a user interface to change preferences like paths and launch related stuff
- Works on Linux, Mac and Windows
- Integrates the devkitPPC toolchain into the Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
- Automatically discovers built-in compiler include paths and symbols
- Makes the Eclipse Code Completion feature work out of the box with any C/C++ project that uses the devkitPPC toolchain
- Supports the Eclipse CDT Managed Build System
- Allows you to run your applications on your Wii from within Eclipse
Start Eclipse and open the Eclipse Update Manager (from Eclipse select Help->Install New Software...). Paste the URL
to the Work with field to install wiiclipse.
Information on how to configure and how to use wiiclipse can be found in the wiiclipse User's Guide.
wiiclipse is open source and released under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).